Code of Ethics and Competency Guide For the Construction Industry
WSC Specialty Contractors is the only company in the state of Utah that requires all of it’s employees to abide by the Code of Ethics and Competency Guide for the Construction Industry. This comprehensive guide lists 22 requirements that protect our customers (the homeowners) from unpleasant experiences that are typical in this industry.
Every employee of WSC Specialty Contractors will meet the following set of requirements to protect our customers and ensure their satisfaction
Professionalism and Competency
- Each employee will do whatever is necessary to resolve any client’s concerns.
- Each employee shall show respect to the client at all times.
- Each employee must have completed a six month apprenticeship before they are allowed to be on a project without a supervisor.
- Each employee must complete a twelve month apprenticeship before being allowed to supervise another employee.
- Each employee shall act honestly and work with integrity while serving on our team.
- Employee shall never use profanity or tobacco in the presence of customers. (Employee will pay a $20.00 fee to the customer if profanity or tobacco is used in their presence.)
- We will protect our customers with the best warranties in our industry.
- Keep the customer updated on progress or any unexpected challenges that may come up.
Ethical and Personal Requirements
- Each employee is required to take a drug test.
- Each employee must be screened with a background check.
- Each Employee must pass an INS verification.
- Employees will be subject to random drug tests at any time.
- Tobacco is not allowed in or around customers residences, company property, or company vehicles (or whenever in uniform).
- Employees must be conscious of cigarette odors that linger on the body and must use an odor neutralizing spray to mask the smell.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited while on duty.
Dress Code and Personal Appearance Policy
- Each employee will adhere to our company dress code/appearance policy.
- Each employee will wear a company embroidered shirt – properly identifying them as WSC Specialty Contractors employees.
- Only clean, and properly fitted business attire shall be acceptable.
- Hair should be clean, combed and neatly trimmed. Shaggy unkept hair is not permissible.
- Good personal hygiene must be maintained.
- Body art (tattoos) must be covered at all times.
- Piercings are not allowed on the face or in the mouth.